The vision of AMFIU is to be a strong, sustainable and professional network of all micro-finance stakeholders in Uganda.
The mission of AMFIU is to enhance the sustainable delivery of inclusive micro-finance services in Uganda.
- To enhance collective action by MFIs and other stakeholders for a conducive policy and regulatory environment for microfinance in Uganda;
- To develop and strengthen systems for information collection, analysis and dissemination through databases, print and electronic media.
- To strengthen the capacity of MFIs to deliver appropriate and sustainable microfinance services to the economically active poor through co-ordination and organization of lateral learning workshops, thematic debates, exchange visits and linkage with other organizations.
- To develop and operationalise a Performance Monitoring System for MFIs that will set standards and increase professionalism in the industry.
- To strengthen AMFIU’s secretariat in providing the required and mandated services to its members and the microfinance industry at large.
- Member focus
- Transparency and accountability
- Mutual interdependence
- Consensus building